Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Rough Crowd

D at work criticized my hair again. When I walked by her desk, M commented that she liked my skirt, that I looked nice. As I passed I heard D comment but not what he said. M gasped and looked at me with compassion. "What?" I said. E had been pulled in and was looking guilty, poor 21 year old E . "I didn't say anything! D wanted me to ask you what happened to your hair...". I took the bait, I'm so gullible. "what's wrong with my hair, you don't like it D?" "Well did you comb it today?" he said with a sneer. "Of course I did." "How...tell me how" "with a comb, like this (simulating combing spraying scrunching my hair). M and E tried thier best to soothe the situation, I made excuses "messy is in right now, even in the workplace", M agreed and shook her head at D. D asked where my earrings were..."I didn't wear earrings because I am wearing a watch and an anklet, what do you want from me?" was my devensive reply. "you need earrings. I'm not looking at your ankle or your wrist. Earrings, you need them." My last attempt..."My beautiful face and hair should be enough for you to gaze at!" "No, their not".

Sheesh! Where do I work, Hustler?

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I hope they walked in accessorized like and put together with hair coiffed in such a way that gwyneth paltrow and pierce brosnan would have felt out of place even on their best days

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home