Thursday, January 26, 2006

Down with the OP!

Office politics are even out of the office...in dance companies even. My little sister is a dancer on a cruise ship and was told to "suck it up" yesterday, all this after her superior cornered her in another dancers cabin to tell her that she "strongly disliked" my sister and she has since the day she met her...professional, I know (heavy sarcasm). What do you do when your superior hunts you down for the sole purpose of telling you she doesn't like you? After several seemingly unconstructive months with this dance captain, my sister was encouraged by her fellow dancers to find refuge in a superior...who promptly scolded my sister for being uprofessional, told her "suck it up" and that if she wanted to continue in good standing with the company she needed to sign on another 10 MONTHS! to the same ship and exhibit better behavior...still under the same dance captain who, by the way, was drunk when I met her, got trashed at a benefit with the general manager who turned a blind eye to her antics, and was in the midst of a hangover when I drove her to the airport as a favor to my sister. Try that on for size. I know, I'm gossiping, I'm really angry at how she has treated my sister consistantly for the last couple months and it sucks to hear her pain as she is really lonely right now. Apparently noone will befriend her because of this. It really does suck to be the red-headed step-child of a dance captain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

And in case anyone else is considering messing with Crista's sister, I recommend first figuring out what kind of health insurance is available to you. You'll need it.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I once approached my superior because of how a co-worker was treating me & was told to "get over it or f*@%king toughen up!" So helpful.

I feel your sister's pain. Be sure you encourage her to not toughen up & become caulused. So not worth it, even doing what you love.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home