Oh nuts!
This weekend I went on a retreat with Rock Harbor. It was an arts and celebration services retreat so during the breakout sessions I was with the dancers since I am part of dance ministry. Our first breakout session we sat amoungst these huge rocks in the glorious sunlight and had an impromptu disussion. At the end of our discussion our leader asked us to find one thing in nature that either inspired us or represented where we were at in life. It wasn't hard to look around find examples at our beautiful mountain retreat! well our leader picked a squirrel BECAUSE a squirel is fast and curious and it spends time bounding around on the ground...but when it has a job to do (climb up tree and forage at nut) it does it efficiently and then gets to be curious again! I thought that was a creative choice and unexpected.
but seriously, you know what's cool about squirrels? They have an important job and they don't even know it. They spread seeds. They reforest. They aren't even aware of the fruits of thier labor. So, I think, in a way, we are all squirrels. You don't know when you are planting seeds in other people. I know in personal experience, people have said things to me or done something in front of me that changed the course of my life...and they never knew thier impact. It's amazing. and well, we all store nuts for the winter. Just kidding. I hope.
but seriously, you know what's cool about squirrels? They have an important job and they don't even know it. They spread seeds. They reforest. They aren't even aware of the fruits of thier labor. So, I think, in a way, we are all squirrels. You don't know when you are planting seeds in other people. I know in personal experience, people have said things to me or done something in front of me that changed the course of my life...and they never knew thier impact. It's amazing. and well, we all store nuts for the winter. Just kidding. I hope.


1 Comments:
I LOVE this post. It sounds like a wonderful touching time for you! I wish I could go!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home