Friday, August 12, 2005

Human Touch

It's so important, to be connected with other people. Contact comes in different forms, some feel contect through touch, talk, time spent...et al.

Yesterday, I was helping a friend who had been injured put tape on her back. Being careful not to injure her more I asked if I was pressing to hard and she said no, she just appreciated the touch as she hasn't been touched in a long time...she said this only half teasing, maybe even an eighth teasing. She's not the only one. I remember not too long ago when I was in school feeling horribly devoid of human contact, I felt so depressed. and I felt like a wierdo for feeling like I just wanted someone, ANYONE to hug me, touch my shoulder, whatever.

But everyone is not touch oriented. Another friend of mine was discussing relationships with me and different temperments. He said I was like his wife, needing constant physical connection but he could go the rest of his life without being touched, hugged...whatever. His premarital counselor had told him that he would have to conciously touch his wife, make sure he was connecting with her daily.

hmmm...interesting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home