Datestravaganza
Um, did I mention that I've been on a million dates this month? And oh my gosh, I see the difference... in myself. I thought I would take Matts advice and join a dating site a while ago to broaden my pool (his words not mine. Stunt guys, actors, techs and servers were tapped out at work. Plus everyone seemed to mysteriously get fired after dating me! no joke. Except Del who has been out injured since we stopped... hooking up). I wasn't thrilled about the idea, but I thought I'd try. A month later I canceled it. However I met a few people that I've talked to since then.
This weekend I went on a first date with a guy named Jeremy on Saturday night after the show. We had been talking on the phone and he seemed nice and we were going to the Roxy with his friends (another couple). Long story short I walked out of Pirates and directly into... Casey! Not really it was Jeremy but I swear he could be his doppleganger. 5'9" 135, tight pants, dark hair, effeminate walk, opinionated AND the deal breaker was (he was nice and I liked the concert) he talked about going through a toll booth not paying the toll and getting a fine that he was going to dispute. I said "oh, I've accidently gone through before when I didn't have change with me, there's a number you can call and you send them a buck and it's over" he said, no he had HAD THE CHANGE IN THE CAR but hadn't felt he should have to pay it. It was the middle of the night he was trying to get home. That may seem small but I was done. It's that kind of I'm above rules kind of thinking that makes abusive, unfaithful, hurtful partners. I'm not saying he is, but he's got the potential. Plus, I find that dispicable. I pay the toll. I pay my tickets... I earned them after all.
When I got home from the date he text me. and then again the next morning. and four more times throughout the day, I wasn't answering. So I sent him a text "Jeremy, I am not into this. I'm sorry, I had a good time last night but I don't waste your time. It's nothing personal, it's just not what I want. Thanks" Breath of fresh air. I don't want an insta-boyfriend. I love my single life (now) and it's going to take someone/something amazing to break up the routine. It has to be better than what I've got now... not just different but better.
I'll tell you about the other ones later.
This weekend I went on a first date with a guy named Jeremy on Saturday night after the show. We had been talking on the phone and he seemed nice and we were going to the Roxy with his friends (another couple). Long story short I walked out of Pirates and directly into... Casey! Not really it was Jeremy but I swear he could be his doppleganger. 5'9" 135, tight pants, dark hair, effeminate walk, opinionated AND the deal breaker was (he was nice and I liked the concert) he talked about going through a toll booth not paying the toll and getting a fine that he was going to dispute. I said "oh, I've accidently gone through before when I didn't have change with me, there's a number you can call and you send them a buck and it's over" he said, no he had HAD THE CHANGE IN THE CAR but hadn't felt he should have to pay it. It was the middle of the night he was trying to get home. That may seem small but I was done. It's that kind of I'm above rules kind of thinking that makes abusive, unfaithful, hurtful partners. I'm not saying he is, but he's got the potential. Plus, I find that dispicable. I pay the toll. I pay my tickets... I earned them after all.
When I got home from the date he text me. and then again the next morning. and four more times throughout the day, I wasn't answering. So I sent him a text "Jeremy, I am not into this. I'm sorry, I had a good time last night but I don't waste your time. It's nothing personal, it's just not what I want. Thanks" Breath of fresh air. I don't want an insta-boyfriend. I love my single life (now) and it's going to take someone/something amazing to break up the routine. It has to be better than what I've got now... not just different but better.
I'll tell you about the other ones later.


1 Comments:
YEAH!
Post a Comment
<< Home