Saturday, February 09, 2008

Resonate

Do I pray to a silent god,
a god who doesn't hear
a god who sits by quietly
that I believe to hold me dear?

Or to the earth
whose moans and groans
caress my willing ear
and beckon forth a sadness
only my solitary heart can hear?

Should I look inside myself
and pray to my own soul
and raise me up- a golden calf,
could I ever be so bold?

Who is there if anyone
who hears the silent screams
of a lover of the mysteries
a follower of saints?

Is everything nothing
and nothing worth the time,
poured out with such devotion
from both simple and complex minds?

I don't know, but maybe now
in silence lying on my floor
I'll find a peace of mind
and a God to call my own.

So as I have said I am reading "Eat Pray Love" like a million other people right now.

Something the author wrote while she was in India struck a cord in my heart...or maybe it was a muscle :)

"The Yogic scriptures say that God responds to the sacred prayers and efforts of human beings in any way whatsoever that mortals choose to worship-just so long as those prayers are sincere." She writes that the Upanishads proclaims "people follow different paths straight or crooked according to their temperament depending on which they consider best of most appropriate - and all reach You, just as rivers eter the ocean"

so maybe all my guilt from not knowing or understanding which god is God or what is right or wrong or black and white can dissapate now. I like it. I think I will have to dive a little deeper into Yogic scripture, at least for some interesting reading.

I love this book. I love this woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home