Friday, April 11, 2008

Magic!

I have been thinking about magic lately since I have been reading Paulo Coehlo. He wrote the Alchemist (which I read first). I then read his "The Zahir" which I devoured and enjoyed more then the former. Now I am halfway through "Eleven Minutes". and while I keep talking about needing to take a break from PC I do, very much want to read "The Witch of Portobello". He talks a lot about how people have lost their belief in magic and signs and omens. I've been trying to observe my life in light of signs and omens. I am apparently not too good at reading those things :)

Well, as luck would have it a friend of mine recommended my name to a magician in need of a...not a dancer but someone who can crunch into a little ball. So I get to participate in "Blink" and evening of illusions this weekend (which happens to be TWO evenings of Illusions really). I am excited! I get to work with the local cool magician Chipper Lowell and a Canadian magic duo, married which I find cool. My one job is to fold up in a little glass box and stick my hand out on command. My hand is doubling the husband and then the wife's hand. oOOOOohhh magic! I am excited.

Magic. I like the idea of magic. I think music is magic. I don't understand how it works (I can't "make" music to save my life) but it has an absolute power I cannot break down and explain. That is magic to me. Songs can change, dominate my mood and even do things physically to me...goosebumps anyone? I can become overwhelmingly sad or hyper. Depends on the song. It's not that I am powerless...if I don't want to feel those things I can turn off the music or walk away. But still...yeah, magic to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home